Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

When I moved to Harringay in 1998 it wasn't a bad area - quite tidy and clean. I wouldn't have had any reservations about inviting people to visit. But look at it now :-(

And it's been like that for two weeks.

I don't blame the Council for this - they don't dump decorators' rubbish in our front area and fill the general bins to overflowing with stuff that should be in the recycling bin. It's my neighbours who do this.

Can you imagine trying to rent or sell a flat in this block ? Why does this happen in the 21st century in the middle of the capital city of a first-world country? Don't people have any pride in where they live ? Don't they have any sense of community responsibility ?

How the hell did we get here ?

Tags for Forum Posts: rubbish, veolia

Views: 1598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To add insult to injury, today the collection for black bins was missed AGAIN. I will of course, ring in the morning. It does feel like the change to Veolia from Enterprise has not gone too smoothly!

Sometimes the problem can lie with Veolia as well as ourselves...........

This morning (a day late in collection of fortnightly household waste again) I found my front garden had been rearranged. There was a piece of a cot (I had left it in the bin area waiting until I went to the dump) decorating my flower patch. Also my food recycling box had been tossed onto the paved area. I can see that moving said piece of cot to one side to put the bin back in place would be too helpful, so let's just toss it 6 feet onto the plants! And obviously the place where I keep the food bin was much too close to the road and needed to be tossed over three bins.

Yes I am being sarcastic

And yes I have contacted the council

We have this problem too - both we and our downstairs neighbours have a place for each bin, but on dustbin day they'll wind up anywhere from the flower beds to outside on the pavement. Worst thing about it other than the mess it creates is that it makes it all too obvious there's nobody home. I've never seen this anywhere else and have to admit I'm finding it all rather upsetting...  </drama>

I'm not sure I ma being nostalgic but I don't remember having this problem when Enterprise ran the collections. At least in the latter years.

It's bad enough having 4 large bins, food recycling bin and garden bag (with only the black bins being used by the other flats in the house) and having fortnightly collections (oh the flies this year) but the mess left behind???????

Rant over. 

Almost the entire length of Fairfax Rd from the Passage to Fairland Park is like this at the moment. It gets like that all the time now as it gets in to the two week wait between collections. A lot of the houses are up steep steps so have to keep the bins on the footpath which is bad enough but it seems like most of the households there can't manage with the rubbish system so get overflowing bins. This is what people have to walk past on the way to the Fairland Park playground today:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service