Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

At a recent event where we all turned up in the snow(yes David Lammy) I was shown a map of which roads are covered by the Gardens Resident Association/group/whatever its called. I was looking at the leaflet and then when I said I lived on Harringay Gardens - outside the boundary of the Gardens map, well to my surprise the leaflet was removed from my hand and I was told Harringay Gardens did not qualify. We are to be isolated, shunted out in the cold, we don't qualify, even though we are in the Harringay town area and our road is called Harringay GARDENS.

This is terrible - who made these rules? And the maps that are shown of this area often have our road shown (as it is small and a cul-de-sac) as no name/blank/who cares/dismiss. On every count then we are to be isolated, kept on the fringes, ignored, rejected......what is going on...?

Before I commit hari-kari with my useless life, before the final 'delete' button is pressed, someone tell me - where does Harringay Gardens belong...????

Tags for Forum Posts: Harringay boundaries

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What gay joke? You are going to have to explain that Stephen
No I didn't misread anything, BUT perhaps we should now concentrate on the real point of this discussion..
Adrian do you mind if i make a comment ?
With regard to the 'hutt river principality' has anyone asked what the original natives think about it ? i'm sure they would agree that it was never british territory nor anyone elses. I'm also sure they would tell you it is not trivial.
what?????????
aybe you are talking about Harringay Gardens setting ourselves up as a solo principality - and maybe we should do a survey of views of people in the road?
To be fair to the Gardens RA Saph, I think they've identified what they see as a discrete area with a common set of problems - nothing wrong with that; nothing different to what any RA does.

I'm sure if you drop a note to them and ask if you can join you'd have a sympathetic hearing. You'll find their contacts via Local Info-Local Groups
Who was it said - I wouldn't join any group that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx or WC Fields?
saphire you are mad as a badger :-)
you would know James.....
Is HARR gdns N8 or N15? I think Colina Mews is both.
Its N8 where's Colina Mews ? Do you want to set up a republic too?
You don't get out much do you? Go to the end of your road and look right, that's Colina Mews. The bit with the proper surface beyond it is also C Mews.
Harr Gdns seeems to be an area of N15 that has been invaded by N8 as all around is N15.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service