Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have a pile of faded jeans which I would like to have re-dyed black, rather than sent to landfill. Does anyone know where I can get this done and what the cost would be? I'm nervous to use the dye you can use in the washing machine. I've never used it before and, as I'm a tenant, the machine doesn't belong to me and I don't want to experiment with it. Thanks in advance and best wishes!

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you buy proper washing machine dye (Dylon) it will not damage the machine - I've done it loads of times.

Thanks for your reply! It says it can leave stains though, which worries me. Has it done that when you've used it? 

No never - if you're concerned you can always run an extra empty hot wash to clean the drum. Just follow the instructions on the packet and don't overload as you won't get a good colour.

I’ve used Dylon in my domestic washing machine for cottons such as towels without any problems. However, I did read a (funny) article some years ago by a hack saying that a cotton shirt they’d dyed had polyester thread, which didn’t take the colour, so ended up as a bold contrast…. Not sure this applies with jeans, though. Maybe one of the dry cleaners on Green Lanes (or the Green laundrette) could help?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service