Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi.

We are considering a move to Edmonton with small children and wanted to hear about it from the people who live there. Which bits are nice to live in, any areas to avoid? Thanks in advance.

Views: 11785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mmm, we must be meeting different locals. The only rule of thumb I'm aware of has the dividing line at Fore Street and as I said in my previous post even then I can't say how accurate that is with regards to the east of that line. 

Well, you see I don't need to Google it. I talk to people who live there! But each to his own, Billy. As to the tube, yes SS is closer to London, but Edmonton Green Overground connects directly with the Victoria line at, as it happens, Seven Sisters.

Not defensive in the sense of defending a personal position at all. I just don't like to see the casual trashing of places people call home by others who don't live there. I will mount a defence on those occasions particularly if I believe that the kickin' is unwarranted as I do in this case.

And, yes I too get the sense that there are parts of Edmonton I'd feel more wary of, as I said in my initial comment. I was also careful to write that it was a feeling and I didn't have sufficient fact to state it as an opinion. 

Thanks all. Lots of food for thought here. We are already in Tottenham and love it, so I don't think Edmonton would be too much of a culture shock, although I have only ever really been through on the train. We are considering Enfield too. It's just that bit more expensive. I've had a few people warning me to stay west of the A10.

Go there yourself and WALK around (don't drive) and talk to people.

I doubt that you'll get many people west of he A10 referring to their area as Edmonton or even Edmonton Green. You'll much more likely find the Hampstead stretch in operation and calling it Winchmore Hill. Prices vary accordingly. 

Not quite true Hugh. We live to the west of the A10 BEFORE the North Circ. Its called Upper Edmonton(and no, no one has ever heard of it....)

Isn't that rather historic now? As far as I'm aware in the present day that term has fallen out of use by and large, hasn't it?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service