Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Some time ago a NICEIC-qualified electrician rewired part of my flat and gave me a BS7671 certificate. More recently, a friend of mine hired him to do the same in his flat.

My friend subsequently noticed a socket which had not been connected at all and, because some of the wiring in my home had become faulty, we tried to get him back to finish both flats. After a number of appointments and cancellations (at his end), calls, emails and messages of all sorts to him, his assistant and his boss, I wasn't getting any more replies or sign of life from their company, so gave up trying.

Months later, I looked into this further and realised that, although they displayed the NICEIC logo on their website, stationery and certificate, they were not actually registered with them. Had confirmation from NICEIC and now just noticed that they finally took the logo off their website. NICEIC advised me to make an official complaint, which I didn't follow up because I probably wouldn't have enough evidence and also really don't have the time for that stuff at the moment.

While my jobs are still outstanding (not even had time to look for another electrician!) I am wondering if our BS7671 certificates are valid, who has authority to issue them and whether or not this invalidates the house insurance. The company's website still shows the Part P logo, does this mean anything? Couldn't find much info online (and NICEIC didn't advise either).

Thanks for any knowledgeable advice.

Views: 383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. I cannot answer your questions myself, but my brother Edward Gravett should be able to advise you. He is a qualified electrician, and very helpful, knowledgable, honest and reliable.

He has done lots of work for people in the Harringay area and there are many recommendations for him on this site, here is one such thread: http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/tall-electrician

His contact details: http://www.ecg-electrical.co.uk/

Thanks, might do. I did actually contact him a couple of months ago but he was busy on a big job so I looked further. Another electrician was a bit less busy, but then my schedule got unpredictable etc.

Hi there....after reading this thread I cannot recommend Ed highly enough.....he has fitted a new consumer box and sockets and also a new extractor fan. We've found him to be extremely reliable, professional and efficient as well as being a thoroughly lovely man! Well worth giving him a call.
He does get quite busy sometimes, but he's not always completely booked out, so worth giving him a call anyway :-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service