Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Dear Virgin Media the internet customers

If you are a long-term Virgin Media internet client you must know it is worth to check your home internet speed because the lowest internet speed what Virgin Media offers to their new customers is 30 Mbps and I know at least 4 cases around Harringay Ladder where the speed on the cable was just 10 Mbps. If you are not calling with any complaints and you are quiet customer you will stay with 10 Mbps speed for long time, but if you have an issue or serious problem with their broadband to make you happy again Virgin Media will offer increasing the speed from 10 Mbps to 30 Mbps when in reality they should do it without any delays.

To check your current internet speed with Virgin Media go to a website such as http://www.speedtest.net/ and run a speed test at least twice.

If your result is around 10 Mbps you have full right to call Virgin Media and demand for increasing your internet speed. It does not cost you a penny.

If you have at home an old router box this process of speeding up could be a bit longer as Virgin Media would have to send a new router.

Views: 633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marek* what is your opinion on this speed test site ? thanks http://www.speedtest.net/

The last Virgin engineer I had round swore by the BBC's speed test site.

I am not in the Ladder but also a long-standing Virgin customer and recently had issues with speeds that didn't make it into single digits or were so low the test timed out.

The first engineer said the levels coming into the hub were too high and put an attenuator on, which seemed to help for a day or so. But my speeds then plunged again and the second engineer replaced the hub. Fingers crossed I seem to be getting the 30Mbps I pay for.

I think these problems are far more widespread than Virgin likes to admit and talking to the engineers it appears there are all sorts of changes to overall usage and capacity that can affect an individual customer's service.

It's a hassle getting an engineer out, but if it encourages Virgin to get to the bottom of the problem it's well worth it. Ask for refund too, that really focuses their mind. And if you're not getting very far with customer services a tweet or two with a virginmedia hashtag allows you to find other customers with same problem and ensure it's prominent in the company's feed

This posts has been addressed mainly to Virgin Media customers which pay around £26-£27 per month for their phone and broadband package and instead of 30 Mbps of their internet speed they have just 10 Mbps. 

Of course, John that the results of these kind of tests are the most reliable when your testing computer is connected by cable to a router as it eliminates any unwanted interference. But if you put your laptop about one meter from your wireless router your result will be almost the same as with an ethernet cable.

All internet speed tests are very similar to each other and it is not easy to find the best one. Everyone, even the professionals, has their own favourite.

By the way, with regard to what the service providers can or cannot say in their national adverts for their broad band speed : If they claim to provide 30meg for the price in the advert then they must fulfill that promise to AT LEAST TEN PERCENT of all customers on that package. That means the other 90% of us can go to hell. When i read this i was shocked !

It sounds really really bad.

I have been with virgin (phone and broadband) for 2 or 3 years. A few weeks ago I got a really annoying and pushy sales call trying to get me to buy TV and when she finally gave up on that starting pushing a mobile phone, I was really fed up at this point and she was getting angry too. She ended up putting the phone down on me when I had refused, several times, to tell her which mobile network I used.

BUT she had mentioned that I was entitled to a broadband and new router upgrade. So I rang customer services, to complain about the aggressive and rude sales call and to ask about the upgrade. She told me I was entitled to this with no charge and no new contract.

A few days later an engineer came and set up the new router. I don't know what the speed is, but it is loads quicker and the wireless signal is loads better - we used to have problems with it dropping out in the kitchen and upstairs but it's great now.

So I would say definitely worth giving them a call.

Hi Julie

As you see they were keeping in secret this opportunity to upgrade your internet speed so when you were calling with your complaints they were giving you "a present" and you were forgetting about your issue.

In our case, we were calling Virgin Media to resign from a phone line and suddenly we were happier as the broadband speed significantly changed. 

They intentionally keep this opportunity for themselves to calm down "unhappy customers".

Well I've had an email today telling me my line rental is going up by £3 per month so they are going to have to pull something else out of their hats to calm me down again.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service