Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

At least in Fairfax Road - any idea why, or how extensive this is?  Also, I have had problems with the Tivo box - anyone else?

Tags for Forum Posts: virgin media

Views: 2203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm up for that!

Ive just had this reply from Cllr Emine Ibrahim

We have bee informed that Virgin Media have only today submitted the requisite traffic management plans to enable us to approve and give consent for the works to go ahead. Their application to work which was only submitted today indicates that they intend to start work on the 17th February. Officer do not foresee any reason why these works should not start as planed however they cannot guarantee that Virgin Media’s contractors will actually attend site and carry out the works. Officer have said that they will however make contact with operational management at Virgin Media and impress upon them the importance of doing so.

Cllr Emine Ibrahim
Labour Councillor - Harringay Ward 

Thanks for this. Funny how Virgin couldn't supply customers with that quite straight forward info. I hope everyone gets some sort of a refund for all this hassle. In the interim my husband has cancelled our account and found a cheaper deal with talk talk so, we're out! I've also bought extra data for this month whilst we make the change-over, and added 4g to mobile plan. Wishing everyone speedy internet recovery.

So, in the end, Virgin Media were the ones lying...

Good on the councillors for investigating and giving us the facts. Getting in touch with Virgin and making sure they do the work is going above and beyond on our behalf. I'm impressed.

My husband last night told them we might need to find another company if they can't provide, but I tell you that they were not impressed at all. But I will give them another call tomorrow though.
We have now left. Six pounds off this month's bill was all they were prepared to offer in compensation. I don't think they really care if you leave! But at least we found a cheaper deal elsewhere.

I've just had this message from Councillor Zena Brabazon

Thanks for your email. I wrote to the relevant officer yesterday and his reply is below. I will contact him again today as this situation is clearly unacceptable and it seems you are all caught in a dispute between the council and Virgin regarding the procedures. needed to sort this out.

I will be back in touch with any update.

Zena Brabrazon

Hi Alice how do we get the reduction? Surely it should be automatic?

Thanks everyone for pressing both Virgin and Haringey Council persistently.  I'll have a look later to see if the dig has started.

My backup is a 4G SIM card from Three.co.uk.  12GB which lasts for 12 months and costs £30 (or £23.50 from Amazon Marketplace/Mr Memory).

Good news,  Virgin Media are on site, traffic control in place and they are starting the cable replacement.

Traffic Control:

Barriers:

Problem cable(s):

Traffic control guy said it came through as an emergency job yesterday, he was notified at 02:00am.

Hope this sorts it today.  My twitter rant at Virgin resulted in a response saying I should phone customer service once the fault is resolved and ask for a service credit.

Thank you for the update!!!

We have to ask them?! By the way, neat cabling...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service