Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi,
As you all will know Virign Broadband is down since yesterday lunchtime? (Sunday). Apparently it will be back on at the latest Monday tonight!!
I am at work sending this. Please ask for compensation: the amount is tiny, but expensive to administer. This is the only way to have influence!

Best Adrian.

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, virgin media

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my I was nearly convinced on another thread to go with Virgin now that my BT contract is up. But maybe not. Although their customer service is rubbish my BT has not been down once in the 2 years I have been with them.
Read what this reviewer has to say;

'I have been the ntl / virgin media about 11 years. The actual broadband service (at least for me) has been consistantly good over the years and our family have been sharing internet even in the dialup days. Customer services is also very consistant - notoriously rubbish. I am a technical user and work in the IT field; their first line support in India is incredibly inept, I dont think they could even tie their shoe laces. Seriously I rang once to tell them their DNS servers were down and after prying the call centre guy from his script he insisted my problem was that broadband wouldnt never run on Linux after I accidently answered one of his persistant questions, even though I had happily been running it at least for the last four years before that call, then he stuck to it must be a virus, yeah right! There is a hidden second line support in India and if you insist enough to get yourself put through to them, most of those guys will actually know what they are talking about. Balance your choices though - although broadband and TV service is reasonable, telephone is ultra crap, or maybe I have just been really unlucky over the years.' (taken from here)

See this webpage for provider package deals & review comparisons. Seems there's equal distain for customer services of the 3 speed deals; BT, Sky & Virgin. Hmmm.
Hey,

We are having problems with virgin broadband as well and would support any group action...
This is interesting !

Maybe we could quote Mr Branson's last sentence back at him !

"Virgin prides itself on being innovative and challenging the norms but my views on how to treat customers are pretty traditional. Whether it’s a topped up pint in the pub, the full forty miles-to-the–gallon or broadband speeds - we should all get what we pay for."

Full letter here ->
http://www.stopthebroadbandcon.org/letter.php

sTu

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service