Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Is anyone having to reboot their router/modem regularly with Virgin Broadband? We're having to do it at least once a day. I think it may be a problem with their servers locally so if I notice a disconnect I will post the time on here, I would appreciate if others could do the same.

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, consumer complaints, virgin media

Views: 802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ours went down last week. The Network engineer had put a 'noise blocker' on our connection which had the effect of cutting off our connection!! The 'Network' engineers are different to the customer service engineers and apparently the former are a law unto themselves. The 'noise blocker' is a little attachment put on the end of your cable, about 4cm by 1cm and rectangle in shape. If you're having problems make sure you accompany your engineer to the grey Virgin cable box and get him to show your connection cable. That's if your enginner bothers to contact you. Sometimes they supposedly turn up and supposedly resolve the problem without customer contact. Then you get a call from India saying 'your problem has been resolved. If you still have a problem it's your modem'. And around in circles you go. Virgin service at the problem solving end of things is a disaster zone.

same here, not once a day but quite often.

We've had no Virgin internet since Wednesday. the website says there are problems with the "V Stuff" application in my area which will not be fixed until April 10.

It does not say "You will have no internet or catch up tv so you can't find out who the murderer in The Killing is" which is a more accurate representation of the situation.

Is anyone else having a blackout? We are on Burgoyne

all fine on beresford (so far so good)

remmeber to ask virgin for refund on days when your connection is down

I have a question for you Virginites:  I had the Virgin lot round to install broadband, phone and tv (thanks to the new school and flats at Woodberry Down we no longer have TV reception down here in the Vale of Harringay).  The chap installed and then told me my laptop wireless card is not compatible with Virgins router and I therefore have to go to PC World and get a new card installed at my own cost.  After some "discussion" his boss was summonsed and arrived pleasingly fast.  He informed me this is the case, and they have told Virgin this many times as they don't actually work for Virgin (presumably the Virgin branded vans and head to toe Virgin gear they were in is a disguise).  This was confirmed by Virgin customer service.  I am now left with a nice Virgin dongle sticking out of my laptop as the solution.  My question for you is:  1. is this right? 2. Shall I cancel the account and never watch telly again or is there another solution?

Not sure if it's right, but with my old PC I used to have to use a USB device for wireless, but I've always found the Virgin service reliable. Maybe I've been lucky.
Just seen this - we have been told the same on Hewitt our service has been out since Feb!  Given the date 10th April - came and went, now 20th April!!  Is yours working now?
Martha I'm fine on Virgin. This isn't a Hewitt Road problem. You need to rattle some cages. Some while back people were getting great results communicating with Virgin via Twitter. Worth a try?

I switched to virgin for broadband and phone about 5 months ago. I didn't have to change anything on my computers or routers. Our router and one of my PCs is really old so this does sound a bit odd.

After having a really slow connection with 2 or 3 different providers, I've found virgin to be really quick. I've had to reboot 3 times in 5 months and it did go down for a couple of hours about a week ago. I called and they tested and found a local problem, telling me it would probably be fixed within 1 day. I complained saying I couldn't be without broadband for a day and what sort of compensation they could give me. She immediately put £5 credit on my account and it was fixed pretty quickly.

So, on the whole, I'm happy with them so far.

I don't have TV with them, but our signal is awful so I tend to watch catch-up on my PC.

yes. But I always think the problem is with the old modem
No broadband since Friday morning for me. Tech support told me it was an area wide problem and would be fixed by Sat. Then they told me it was fixed, arranged an engineer to come, then quickly changed their mind and said it was an area problem and would be fixed last night. Now I can't get through, but their faults line suggests that broadband is out for N4 N8 N12 and beyond...

Virgin Broadband has been down (or severely limited) since Friday here. Twice, tech support have 'fixed' the problem but in each case it has gone again after a few hours. Currently (as I write), it has just come back....

(Tell tale sign apparently - if you reboot the modem, the 'tick' indicator flashes rapidly meaning there is a problem).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service