Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone else had their recycling bins labelled by the recycling contractors as containing items not recyclable? A nicely printed label adorns at least six or eight bins along our road and we are stuck to know what we did wrong. All our rubbish is the same as the usual stuff (carefully washed) which is normally collected without a problem. It's hard to guess which item might be offending. I've called Veolia twice. It leaves everyone frustrated with a system that is not working and doesn't encourage anyone to take care. It can stay there and rot (slowly and without smell since we've washed everything) if they can't tell us what is preventing them from emptying the bin. New stuff can go into black bags in future.

Views: 634

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. Though I'm not sure if failing to recycle makes people "scoundrels". But I'd be as angry as you if the same thing happened to me. Have you contacted your local councillors? Of not can I suggest that you might want give them a try?

P.S. Your very sensible points are - at any rate for me - not helped by the blinking icons. (I thought I'd turned these off on my PC. But they seem to have turned on again.) If you want to put in something eye-catching then a small photo might perhaps be helpful.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service