Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Started at true craft last night on West Green road, pub crawled to the Palm and Ten to One. Put our head around the door at Pasero (fully booked), and Leila Kasam’s recommendations: Durak Tantuni (cash only) and Cyrus House (not busy) before settling on Umut 2000 - a random choice when we usually go to Selale.

Umut 2000 looks very unassuming from outside but it’s honestly the best Turkish food I’ve had on Green Lanes in 20 years. Lamb chops and salads were outstanding. Want to keep this secret so we can always get a table but this place is far superior to many of the other large restaurants on the street.

Tags for Forum Posts: umut 2000

Views: 852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, Umut2000 is unassuming, but the food is top notch

I agree: from the outside this place does not look appealing. However, following a recommendation on HOL, I tried it and found it really good. I second the nomination of the lamb chops. Last time I went in I even got a bit of birthday cake - it was one of the chef's birthday.

yes it is very good, serves some offal options for those with that taste. Lamb's heart anyone?

also had an excellent meal in the Haringey Corbacisi across the road from Umut 2000 next to Tescos, very tasty soups. It is open late for all you Harringay online ravers.

How does it compare price wise? 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service