Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ugly PVC 1930's style window being fitted to the side of Bruce Castles bowling pavilion!

Does anyone know if the bowling pavilion in Bruce Park is listed in terms of what can or can't be altered/added?

I spotted this horrible window being fitted whilst walking this morning with a friend and  it is so out of character for the modern wooden boarded style of building you couldn't help but spot it and be shocked that they would even think to fit this kind of window. It would sit far better on a 930's bungalow with it stained glass detailing.
My friend commented that it probably came from a skip or cost £20 off of Ebay, so we asked the builder and he was very proud to tell us it only cost him £25!
So no consideration as to the buildings architecture, just that it was a cheap plastic window going for cheap!
It's just another case in point that anything still goes in Tottenham and not love or respect is given to any of its buildings. Developers are greedy and only think short term.
I'd love to see this kind of thing go on in another parks buildings in a posher part of the borough. 

Views: 172

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service