Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Evening all!

Music on the Ladder is pleased to present not just one, but TWO events within the next week.

First up, on Saturday, yours truly (me, Bethany Burrow Atherton) will be giving a piano recital, "La Belle Epoque: Debussy, his friends and his foes in the Golden Age of Paris".  I'll be playing a selection of works by Debussy and some other composers of late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, including Ravel and Satie, as well as chatting a bit about the pieces and the context they were written in.  The recital is at 7.30 pm at St. Paul's Church on Wightman Road.  It's free to get in, but there will be a retiring collection for church funds (suggested donation £5).  There will be drinks and nibbles at the end of the recital.

Then on Wednesday, harper Leah Stuttard (who performed in our first ever event) will team up with singer Agnethe Christensen in their new concert "Oluf Strangeson's Joust".  They will present a fascinating programme with songs, instrumental music, dance music and hymns to the Blessed Virgin together with one of Denmark's most unique medieval ballads "Oluf Strangesøns dystrit" about two friends, Oluf and Hasburd, who embark on a dangerous journey with deadly duels in the early morning. This many-facetted, and sometimes rather surreal, story inspired them to find more songs about horses or battles and also a hymn to the Blessed Virgin Mary based on similar melodic material from a collection of songs and other texts, the Rostocker Liederbuch.  This is at 8.00 pm and at St. Paul's Church.  There will be a retiring collection for church funds.

If you'd like to find out more about Music on the Ladder, you can find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Musicontheladder, follow us on Twitter: @musicontheladdr or drop us a line at musicontheladder@gmail.com.

We really hope to see you at one of our events soon!

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First, thanks to everyone who came to my piano recital on Saturday!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Second, don't forget that we have another concert TOMORROW!  Contrary to what I originally posted (now edited), this concert will start at 8 pm to give everyone a chance to get home from work, etc., first.  We hope to see you there!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service