Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I came across two, new on me, locla networks ocer the past few days:

CHATI2009

CHATI stands for the Crouch end and Hornsey Area Transition Initiative. We are a grass roots movement which aims to raise awareness about climate change and peak oil, the idea that we are fast approaching the end of cheap and plentiful oil. Our response to these challenges is to build a stronger local economy and community. We are developing projects, linking up with other groups and tapping into borough and national initiatives, such as 10:10 and Ecoteams. Our vision is a low energy, resilient and self-sustaining society, one which draws on the collective genius that already exists within the community.

Have a look here for more about the group. I couldn't find it on their social network.

Stroud Green Reservoir project

The group's aim is to create a space where the local community can get together to develop a sustainable community garden. The focus will be on growing herbs, vegetables and fruit, particularly a vineyard along the slopes of the reservoir. A few people are also interested in bee keeping.

The project would link with local schools to provide recreational and educational activities, supplying them with produce for their school meals, to encourage healthy eating.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

.......and in just adding these two to our FriendFeed, I notice that A Blog for Finsbury Park seems to have gone off air.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service