Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Turnpike Lane Foxy Artist Confirms Second Piece to be Painted locally

Picture: Hugh

Boe, one of the artists behind Friday's Turnpike Foxy mural has told Harringay Online that the Boe and Irony are planning to revisit the area to paint a second picture soon.

I started by asking Boe whether it was the Banksy controversy that had brought them up this way:

Boe: We tend to paint around the east of London where there is a great attitude towards street art in general. People like to see nice work on the streets around there, more so than a lot of places around London..... Because of Banksys work bringing it to peoples attention around Harringay, and because of the great reaction its removal had, bringing people to the streets to protest for its return (i've never heard of that happening before!), we thought we'd pop up there and see what the vibe was to painting at that scale.

And then I asked if they planned to be up this way again:

"I have to say we had a fantastic reaction from people, everyone who spoke to us was very friendly and very interested in what we were doing. Its great to get a reaction like that, and we both hope to be up there again soon to do another piece somewhere."

Tags for Forum Posts: street art

Views: 1707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had high hopes for the mural on the new "health centre" at the bottom of Duckett Road.

Looks like the 'artist' got bored half way through though and didn't bother to finish it or do the lettering properly.

I think we definitely need to breathe some more art into the borough 

I completely agree with Alan. I have lived on the road nearby all my life and this piece of graffiti just further brings the area down. Turnpike Lane already has its fair share of problems and this really isn't the hip and trendy Hackney. We have plenty of issues with poverty and crime in this stretch and having this awful piece further exacerbates this.
The Council should remove this.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service