Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone laid turf in the last couple of years and had good results - minimal weeds when purchased, lasted a winter or two in good nick etc - and can recommend a supply company?

Many thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: turfing

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can recommend Thompsons of Crews Hill. They deliver, are (from what I could tell from a couple of other quotes) remarkably cheap, the turf arrived in excellent condition and was very good quality. No weeds at all and the fescue/ryegrass mix has held up very well over the last few years. I can also recommend the Rootgrow soil they sell for under turf - I spread a layer of that before laying the turf and the grass seems to appreciate it!

Thanks Grant.

Thanks again for the recommendation Grant, I received the turf this morning after ordering it on Thursday. It arrived on time and the turf was cut nicely and appears to be of good quality. Great price too.

Out of interest has anyone in the Gardens had it done and approx what did it cost you (I'm working on the assumptions that the agrdens are roughly all the same size)

Betty, you can easily do this yourself by measuring the area of your garden and plugging the details into any of the turf websites.

I know - I'm afraid I was just being really lazy, and wondering if anyone else had already done that.  I have absoloutley no idea what my garden measures, or what the likely cost of re-turfing is.  It mat well just be something I can't afford afford to do.  I was just being sneaky and seeing if anyone on hear was willing to share what it had cost them, so I know whether its worth me devoting a bit of my weekend to garden measuring  

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service