Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Following the flyers informing us of the new waste collection regime, I wrote to Veolia requesting a small recycling wheelie bin, rather than the mammoth 240L ones. I've just received this reply:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your preference for a 120 litre recycling wheelie bin. We fully appreciate that residents have differing requirements and are more than happy to accommodate such requirements subject to completing a home visit to ensure that we can rule out the possibility of a 240 litre wheelie bin.

I can confirm that I have now booked a general enquiry and a site visit will be carried out in due course. Can you kindly email us your telephone number so that we can arrange a visit for you please?  [emphasis mine]

Why on earth should it matter how big my front yard is?  I recycle what I can, I don't generate much waste, and so a 120L bin is plenty big enough, so why should someone have to come round to my house to tell me that my garden is big enough for a large bin therefore that's what I should have?  Why do I need arrange to be in for someone to take a look?

I've responded to say something similar and I'll feed back here when I get a response.  Has anyone else tried this yet?

Tags for Forum Posts: fortnightly waste collections, new recycling bins, rubbish, veolia, waste collection

Views: 1825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apparently, in my road (Woodstock), the criteria was that properties with a basement entrance would get green bags instead of wheelie bins as the front yards are so small. I do have a basement but no front door down there, just storage.

I came back from hospital on Friday to find this.

What sort of logic determined that two huge wheelie bins would be OK here?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service