Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi everyone, this is only my second year as a tomato grower, but I find the whole process strangely addictive and rewarding. I only had one plant last summer but it produced fifty lovely tomatoes which made me determined to grow lots more this year.

I've got seven plants this year, two cherry, two salad and three beef tomatoes. The cherry and salad types have done really well and are producing lovely red fruit but the beef tomatoes are huge, about ten to each plant but stubbornly refusing to turn even the vaguest shade of red.

I'd really welcome some advice from experienced tomato growers on here!

Views: 392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You've still got plenty of time for them to ripen - probably until the third week in September - if they've not ripened by then they may not. Assume you are feeding them. Obviously start your plants early in the season to maximise your chances. Keep an eye on them for disease - remove yellowed leaves - I lost a load of tomatoes last year to blight having gone away for a week to find them very unwell on my return.

Thanks, the best advice seems to be patience. I was getting a bit frustrated with them because my cherry toms have been so bountiful already but obviously different tomatoes ripen at different times!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service