Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Today is Safer Internet Day 2012,  organised by Insafe each year in February to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially amongst children and young people across the world.

This year's theme is ‘Connecting generations and educating each other’, and the slogan "Discover the digital World together...safely!"

To understand how savvy you are, take the Internet Safety IQ test on the UK Safer Internet Centre Website. Don't worry if it turns out you're not an internet intellectual. They've created some tips to help you fill an gaps in your knowledge of how to keep your kids safe.

And whilst you're doing that listen to their live internet radio station.

On this theme, Beat Bullying have just released "Virtual Violence II: Progress and Challenges in the Fight against Cyberbullying". It will be unveiled in a hard-hitting Panorama documentary airing on the BBC tonight and reveals that cyberbullying, as a weapon of choice amongst the nation's youth, is showing no signs of dissipating, with 350,222 children – or 1 in 13 – experiencing persistent and intentional cyberbullying, with just under a quarter (23%) reporting that the bullying lasted for a year or more, and two in five (40%) said that it lasted for months or weeks.  If you missed the Panorama report check it out online on BCCiPlayer.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I clicked on Internet safety IQ test and my computer froze. Did I fail ?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service