Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Repair Café is a community project first developed in Holland, which encourages people to repair, reuse and recycle their possessions to reduce waste and reverse the rise of a disposable culture.

London’s very first Repair Café was held at The Goodlife Centre in Waterloo back in July. Visitors brought all sorts of items to be repaired; Victoria brought along a wallet to be fixed, Georgie’s bike had suffered a puncture and was quickly made good, Sue can entertain a full house now her dining chair is back in one piece, and young visitors Felix and Frank repaired their much loved toy box. Other items that were brought in for assessment and repair included wonky umbrellas and a toaster. Everyone that came managed to fix their stuff, make friends and have a great afternoon.

I've hinted before that through the GLA funded project on Green Lanes, we may (MAY) be getting a space in the heart of Harringay that can be used as a community/pop-up space, at least temporarily. It would be ideal for Harringay's own repair cafe. How's about it folks?

Read more about The Goodlife Centre's Repair Café at thegoodlifecentre.co.uk/repair-cafe/. For full details of the Repair Café concept that originated in Holland go to repaircafe.org/.

Views: 1088

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a laptop which I spilt beer over, but I fear this may be beyond the resources of the group.

You could try Marek, lives on Wightman, repairs this sort of thing.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service