Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

At the Friends of Ducketts Common meeting last week, we were told by a local resident that The Queens Head has had it alcohol licence removed. Yesterday the windows were being boarded up and furniture was being removed. Rumour has it, that no alcohol licence will be issued to this premises in the future and it could be turned in to flats. In previous postings Hugh chronicled that there has been a pub on this site since 1794 here and here

Tags for Forum Posts: queen's head

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done Alan. We'll send John down to suss the new owners out. As you say, best not to rely of rumour.
It was a terrible pub in its latest incarnation, actively horrible to be in, one of the worst I've ever been in anywhere in the UK. Surely the area can support another decent pub, apart from the Salisbury?
Given the Queens Head's reputation, are they serious about having "luxury" flats on top and a reopened pub downstairs?
If fans can takeover and run football clubs, can a community take over a pub and turn it around?
Just an idea.
I popped my head in here today and asked to speak to the boss, I had my clipboard so I suppose it looked fairly official. There was a bit of a language barrier and in all fairness they didn't really seem to know what the plans were... they were all busy cutting up plywood to board the place up, making it secure... it did seem that they were keeping the actual bar and pumps in place though.

Lovely old building... it would be criminal to lose the architecture whatever happens!
Thanks for taking the time to try and find out Steve.
Absolutely welcome.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service