Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have looked with great interest at the old photos of Harringay Racetrack.

Has anyone got any photos they can post of The Hook Kennels, Northaw, which was the kennels which serviced Harringay Racetrack?  My mum used to work there as a kennel maid May, 1949 to Christmas 1950 and still thinks foundly of it.  Now in her 80's, I would love to see some photos of how the kennels used to be and also how they looked before they closed.  Many thanks.

Christine

Note from Site admin:

- Use the tag below to find other conversations about Hook Kennels

- Pictures for Hook Kennels are also here.

Tags for Forum Posts: hook kennels

Views: 10518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My pleasure!

I can see the kennels I worked in and the paddock we used to walk the dogs,  Great pic. Thank you :)

Hi Hope these bring back so memories, two pictures of Harringay Dog Track and one of the transport taken at Hook Kennels

Adrian

(Adrian's photos have been watermarked by us in agreement with Adrian to protect his copyright.)

Hi Adrian Many thanks. I will show these to my Mum.  I am sure she will love them.

Christine

I used to ride in these when I was a very young girl, it was a long walk from Potters Bar to the Kennels and the drivers would stop and pick staff up and the wifes with the children to save the walk.

Hi Christine. I am happy to provide a copy of the DVD I made, just need an address to post to.

Can I suggest that you add each other as connections and swap addresses via private messaging. See here for how to do that.

Thanks Adrian.  I have followed Hugh's instructions and sent a connection request to you.  If you can confirm my request, I can then send a private message with my address.  Many thanks again.

Christine

Thanks Adrian.  I have followed Hugh's instructions and sent a connection request to you.  If you can confirm my request, I can then send a private message with my address.  Many thanks again.

Christine

Hi Christine, I was born at the kennels, I wonder if your mum remembers  Joe Pickering, Dick Clark, Sid Mann, Lou Hiscock, and their familys Jonas family, Judge family, Mr Bateman the vet, just to name a few, I am Caroline Pickering and used to live above the kennel by the security hut.

Hi Caroline, I cannot believe I have bumped into you after all these years just by messing

about on the computer but I am so pleased I have. All them names, your right It was just to name a few, what about Gordon Hodson, Tim Forster, Ivor Morse Wilf France and Mr Cooper,

not forgetting your dad. Lovely memories. It would be fantastic if we could get in touch and have a really good chat about the past. Hope you get to read this Caroline. Best Regards

John Ayton

john.ayton@live.co.uk

Hi John, I was at Hook kennels in 1966/67 The trainer I worked with was Wilf France. Would like to chat with you if possible??  Don't know if you remember me but I think you worked with Wilf sometimes. Regards Tom.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service