Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have looked with great interest at the old photos of Harringay Racetrack.

Has anyone got any photos they can post of The Hook Kennels, Northaw, which was the kennels which serviced Harringay Racetrack?  My mum used to work there as a kennel maid May, 1949 to Christmas 1950 and still thinks foundly of it.  Now in her 80's, I would love to see some photos of how the kennels used to be and also how they looked before they closed.  Many thanks.

Christine

Note from Site admin:

- Use the tag below to find other conversations about Hook Kennels

- Pictures for Hook Kennels are also here.

Tags for Forum Posts: hook kennels

Views: 10508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pamela

Many thanks for replying.  My Mum's name is Patricia and she is 82 years old.  Pamela/Hugh how do I look at the photos?  Hugh you said you had linked "on my page" in your comment.  How do I do this?  Or is it possible to put the link on here?  Many thanks.

Christine

Hi Christine if you get no joy with photographs then I will copy them for you II have got a couple more and will send by post privately.if Hugh could arrange this

Hi Pamela

I have found the photos but is it possible to send me copies as well.   If you can say who everyone is on each photo (if you can remember).  Some of the girls may have been their when my mum was there.  My mum's name was Patricia Whitley when she worked at the kennels.  I will send you my address by private message if this is OK.

Please confirm the year and whereabouts the photos were taken.  Also the names of any of the dogs.  Many thanks.

Christine

Hi Pamela

Many thanks for the photos you sent and your lovely letter.  I sent a letter back, on my Mum's behalf, together with copies of her photos.  Can I just check that you have received this ok?  I sent it a couple of weeks ago.  The only question my Mum had concerned Wembley - which you said you were attached to.  My Mum didn't think Wembley racetrack had any dogs at the Hook Kennels.  Was it a fairly new arrangement when you started there?

Christine

My friend, Ivor Greygoose, lived there for a time as his father, Cyril John, and mother, Amy, worked there. I have some pictures from Ivor last night. Ivor will be 80 next month. Cyril, known as John, was a kennel lad  and mum, Amy, worked in the laundry.

Many thanks for the photos.  I have printed them off to show my Mum.  Do you know when they worked at the kennels and which trainer Cyril worked for?  Many thanks.

i'll ask him tonight when I see him. In the meantime I have a few more photos. The one of signatures is the people on the big photo

Attachments:

Loving these photos, Colin. Looks like greygoose2 may not have uploaded properly, or is it cropped like that?

I think its the way I cropped it. Sorry

Ivor has a cup awarded from Bellevue

Still a great picture.

Hi ColinGreat photos, I will show these to my Mum as well.  Do you know roughly when they were taken?

Christine

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service