Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Living here it's easy to get depressed by the petty scams, the traffic, the dodgy landlords and the betting shops. To get cynical about our fellow men and women. To think the worst of those stranger we meet every day.

But. There's more good people than bad in the world. There's more kindness, goodness, tolerance and helpfulness around than perhaps we credit.

So I'd like a little corner of this site to be the place to celebrate the small, random acts of kindness by those around us that reaffirm our belief in each other.

So please, post your stories about the good around us below. Let's see if we can keep this thread permanently on the recent discussions list, so that every time someone visits the site they see how lovely people can be.

Anyone with me?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll get started by saying thank you to the Sky installer who was working next door, and when he'd finished came to ring on my doorbell in the pouring rain. Not to offer me Sky, but to tell me that I'd left my car door wide open.

Thank you, unknown Sky man.
Nice idea Malcom. I posted this on another thread (about random acts of kindness), but it belongs here too...

I was walking down the road with my son a month or so back with a very large parcel, something I'd sold on ebay and was taking to the post office. A royal mail delivery guy who happened to be walking past stopped me, said he was just delivering a parcel to a house up the road, but that if I waited by his van he'd sort out the paperwork and take the parcel away, which he did. (He said that they will collect on arrangement from your house, if anyone is interested or regularly posts large things).
A small one, but nice all the same. Thank you to the bloke at the recycling centre who saw me drop a corner of a tarpaulin full of hedge clippings and rushed over to help me. He not only picked the corner back up, but insisted on helping me carry the load up to the skip.

Not an employee - although I have to say the employees at the Hornsey High St recycling facility are unfailingly helpful and nice. So thanks to them too.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service