Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A 16 year old charged with murder on Friday has additionally been accused of two counts of attempting to kill two adults.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of stabbing an 18-year-old to death at a home in Hermitage Road on Wednesday morning.

The cause of death was believed to be a knife wound to the heart.

He is further charged with the attempted murder of a 42-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman when he appeared at Highgate Youth Court earlier this afternoon.

Police are yet to identify the victim until his next of kin has been informed.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is so sad. It is the incident that I walked past (in the sense that I walked past the house as the police arrived and arrested the 16 year old boy) at 7.15 on Wednesday morning. At the time I had no idea it was such a tragic incident, although it was clear when I returned from work that evening that something serious had happened as the police were still very much in attendance.
Yep very sad the kid went to the school my mum works at, apparently the kid was quiet as a mouse. Its amazing as to what motivates such an action at the very same time it doesnt suprise me. It makes me think wether I want to bring children up in such a vile world.
To be honest I think things like this have always gone on, it is just that we hear about it more often in this age of digital communication. Don't let it put you off having kids Julian, that would be even more sad (assuming you would make a decent parent ;)

Im sure my friends and family could answer your assumption. My nephew (3years old) is my best little buddy ever and Ive tought him so much and love him like my own BUT it scares the hell out of me at what type of world he will grow up in. Its not how you raise them its how they will react to the big bad world.

I guess it depends what your own life experiance is ?

I know my siblings and I gave my parents grief, can I go through what my poor parents went through of course I could its just that I dont want to. I wouldnt mind to adopt theres alot of kids out there that could do with some love rather then just breed more when so many are in despair.

Oh god I sound like a proper fraggle dont I . . . . i will just leave it as that.

You sound like a nice thoughtful guy Julian. I agree that the world is a scary place, but I didn't let it put me off and I have two beautiful daughters and I like to think that they are kind compassionate human beings (and yes, they gave me hell when they were teenagers!)

What a horrible event. And I do not think there will be much comfort in the details.

I have spoken to some of the residents in Hermitage and they still feel it to be a safe place to live with a police station at one end and a high number of pedestrians at all hours. But has the police or council promised any additional measures in light of the murder? As a Landlord, is there anything I can do to help?

did anyone see BBC4 on Wednesday about teenage killings? yeah sad an all but the underlying theme was, a group get together, intimidate passers by and have a massive chip on thier shoulder, we are talking about teens from london, bristol, scotland, all over and its the same mentality, dont disrespect me or ill cut your throat! when did this all happen?? i was in my late teens in the late 90s and never ever feared going out or even remember such kids, yeah there were gangs but if there was a fight it was so sporadic and usually involved fists and not death, i didnt have a massive attitude that made me think i was better than the rest, basically enough of this social blame, blame them and them alone, change comes from within, not in hand outs and sympathy, this problem is internal so educate, in the worst schools remove mobiles and ipods and all technology, no need for it in class, all you need is a pen a book and a brain but i guess with this lot 2 out of 3 is a start! make something of yourlife rather than hanging around a park listening to shite on your mobiles!

I should have said that there was an earlier discussion on this here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service