Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

http://www.hornseyjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/hornseyjournal/new...

Seems as though the piggy virus has got closer to home.

Is this another case of hysteria (as bird flu) or should we be locking ourselves indoors?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Click on the link in the Friend Feed on the right for advice from the council.
No, not locking ourselves in..

But it does seem like it spreads very quickly among schoolkids.. Those with kids should be aware.

People should perhaps wash their hands more often and if they need to, sneeze into their elbows rather than onto their hands.
I've just sneezed into my elbow and I think I'm going to have a black eye now!
Well what do you call it then..!! Reverse elbow?

I really can't think of the word..

come on.. tell us.. :°)
Woble?
I have heard it described as the "Count Dracula" sneeze, which I think is quite good.
Ante-cubital fossa
My 1960 German - English picture dictionary says 'Ellenbeuge' is elbow crease / elbow flexure or Crook of the arm..

So ladies & gentleman, if you have to sneeze ..please into the 'crook of your arm'.... and don't forget to wash your hands

and here we are OT again.....
Of course Birdy, this is yet another piece of drip fed fear. Why isn't anyone talking about real threats such as malaria that kills so many children ?
Why ? Because it isn't a trendy piece of news thats why.
(Malaria kills more soldiers than combat)

It's the same with crime stories in areas where there is very little really serious crime. It's all about perception, subject/objectivity. How many cop/hospital shows are there on T.V. as opposed to any other dramas ? count them in your head, you see what i mean ?
I'm not saying there is a conspiracy going on i'm saying that 'cat stuck up tree' stories don't sell news. Whereas 'pig lurgy attacks your children' will obviously shift more stock.
(this is a friendly non attacking post) :-)
Yes, heard about this yesterday.

The virus is spreading quite quickly worldwide but symptoms on the whole are quite mild, according to the WHO. However, they are concerned that the virus continues to spread in the Northern hemisphere summer and therefore expect the virus to be very active come the autumn.
I'm more afraid of contracting lymes disease. I'm serious !
I was walking around on dartmoor when i got back i found a deer tick feeding on my blood (thats how you get it).
Him indoors were talking about swine flu the other day, as you do, and we were both wondering what ever happened to the leaflet that the govt were going to deliver to every home in the country. Did anyone in Harringay ever get a copy, or did the postie decide our home just wasn't worth the effort??!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service