Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is currently using BT Infinity broadband.

Just got a phone call saying there the higher speed would be avaiable from the 8th March and uprgrading now would not cost much more than we are currently paying.

I have always found issues when changing broadband providers or packages so trying to find out in advance if people are happy with the service and speed upgrade.

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, bt

Views: 1529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My B'band contract with BT has expired so I might go somewhere else. I get calls from them saying that I can upgrade to infinity for free but it will tie me into another contract. My experience is that over the last 10+ years there's always been a problem when BT have to changed something (5 days to switch to BT from another provider , umpteen phone calls to poor customer service & no apology).

Not much experience with the BT Infinity yet. It is relatively a new offer from this "lovely and reliable" provider so many people would consider their offer.

Anybody there who has positive experience with new and superfast BT Infinity please welcome to say something

I've recently changed from O2 to BT Infinity. Like you I was nervous about issues when changing providers but it was pretty painless. I was told the existing connection may get terminated long before the new one came active but that wasn't the case and other than the 30 minutes when the BT engineer was there connecting things up there was no loss of service. It is noticeably faster and watching things like Iplayer on HD works well whereas it was a bit stuttery on the old connection.

I have recently, just a few days ago, helped a client to install her home network
As she recently switched from Sky to BT Infinity. She was very glad with their service and customer service also without problems.
I checked this personally and would definitely support the voice for switching to reliable ISP.

does anyone think BT is better than virgin?

Strangely Virgin has recently announced price increases, three months after it said it was doubling its customers' speeds for free. The same article linked above says, 'BT, Sky TalkTalk, O2, Vodafone, and Orange have all put charges up in recent months, at a time when most customers have had little or no increase to incomes.'

BT ishowever  looking better & better; less money at double the speed compared to VM. Waiting to hear from more people who have Infinity re reliability though.

Ben have a read of this forum which is very informative re BT Infinity (and other options). There's pages & pages of discussion. Happy reading :)

Even short looking through shows how much Virgin tries to destroy their reputation, especially with their SuperHub which is causing so many problems.

We changed from Demon to BT Infinity about 6 months ago after getting more and more dropped signals, downtime and lost connections through Demon - who we'd been with for years. The changeover was painless, the install guy (from a third party contractor) was on time and professional.

The one problem we had for a while was that our iPad 1 regularly lost connection with the BT hub. This seems to be a known issue and Apple have hinted that it might be their problem. This problem now seems to have been solved since BT upgraded our hub. This was done without us requesting it - they called us up, told us an upgrade was available, booked a time to deliver and install and that was that. So far, our iPad seems much happier.

Speeds are as advertised, upload speed is slower than I'd like (I UL more than DL most days) - but no real complaints.

YMMV.

On BT Infinity you get 24/7 technical support.

When I switched from another BT product I saved £3 month plus the odd £5 I had to pay periodically for using too much bandwidth.

More and more I am very impressed by BT Infinity performance for the public
When only our Virgin broadband will start causing problems BT Infinity will be first on the list

Have you asked them why?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service