Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Standard Highlights Haringey as Area for Future House Price Hikes

The Evening Standard ran an article yesterday about House price rises across the capital. In the the story, they identified Haringey as being the area they believe will see the second highest level of price increases.

Prices in Waltham Forest will rise the most, by 84 per cent, from £272,200 to £501,300 over the decade, followed by Haringey, where they will increase 82 per cent, from £433,200 to £787,700.

Read the full article.

Thanks to Alison P for flagging this up.

Views: 713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haringey is two boroughs in one, split down the middle by the railway. This is not a useful comparison. Four bed houses on the ladder have already gone from £550K last summer to £750K now.

This makes me extremely sad, and I own 100% of my home.

I am resigned to the fact that I will be unable to afford to be retired and living in London. I will have to sell, move somewhere very cheap and use any profit as my pension. The state pension will probably not exist except for the very poorest in society and I can't see my private pension from my previous employer doing very well neither.  Mind you my child might save me the decisions by putting a pillow over my head in my sleep as I am not sure how else the next generation will afford to buy or rent in London.  That said, having been through negative equity I would hate to go there again as that was defintely a scary time in my life and I am pleased I to have been proved right about the purchase of my house both from an investment and from a community point of view.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service