Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Spending cuts are cutting so deep that Haringey  has been forced to start selling off the family silver.

Bruce Castle is a magnificent old building, but with the money it needs to be upgraded to a habitable home for today's young families it is going for just £150,000.

The official line from the Council was "We realise that this seems on the face of it to be a very cheap price, but whoever buys it will have to work a lot of Saturdays before they can start inviting friends round for dinner. It really is terribly draughty right now. We're delighted to have made an excellent deal with the estate agents and have secured a full 1% off their commission"

Agents Bairstow Eves would not comment on any deal they have done with the Council but did offer the following, "We're obviously delighted to have been given this property by the Council. We're pricing aggressively and hope we'll get a bit of interest. We're told that the Council picked us for our careful attention to detail and honest accurate descriptions of every property on our books. We just NEVER get things wrong."

Is this whole situation unbelieveable?

Yes, and, you'll be pleased to hear, no. No, it's not true that Bruce Castle is for sale; the agent misspoke/misadvertised/boobed, call it what you will. And, yes the ad is for real (Thanks to a HoL member to sending it in), but the real property, as now shown on Bairtsow's  website is:

...and is currently showing as sold.

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did i put my blood pressure pills ?

1st April approaching fast.

I heard about another very funny local spoof somebody was cooking up. This pretends that Boris has decided to remove the whole of N17 from both Council and Government control. He declares it an independent principality with himself in sole charge.

Humour failure, Mark.

Hmm, if Mark is referring to my link to the proposed Mayoral Development Corporation for North Tottenham I must admit that he could well be right. Not really funny.

As we can see from the very clear comment from Mr Daniel Levy reported on Spurs' website. Mr Levy says that Spurs:

" . . . firmly believe the inclusion of greater fiscal incentives, additional to those mentioned in the announcement is needed . . ."

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service