Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Stop the rat running on the Ladder

Please click to sign my online petition asking the council to traffic-manage better on the Ladder roads, which are heavily used as cut-throughs so drivers can avoid the main routes.

Following the nasty accident that happened on Sunday on Beresford Road, the council should review the road use urgently. The more of us who sign, the more notice the council will take so please get involved.

Views: 1917

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Libby, on another HoL discussion thread I recommended Charles Montgomery's paperback book Happy City.  I bought my copy from the Big Green Bookshop in Brampton Park Road, Wood Green and they currently have it on special offer at £7.99.

Anyone who is challenging or just rethinking car use in cities may enjoy it. Click here to read the page on the Big Green Bookshop's website. Which includes brief reviews.

Thanks I will check it out and thanks all for your comments. This traffic lark is a bit of a baptism of fire!

May I congratulate Libby on knowing the definition and understanding the concept, Ladder ?  Time was some of us B138 resident pedants had to spend huge swathes of our time substituting rung roads for ladder roads on this site. Maybe we can now retire gracefully to enjoy the tranquility of window-vibrating unsecured scaffolding loads and chain-trailing skip lorries bouncing off our once welcomed 20mph speed humps.

Eddie Finnegan

Wightman Road 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service