Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I know what its like to be desperate for a  wee on the way back from the pub late at night for example or if you're a woman when you're pregnant etc..   but this morning about 10.30am I was pushing the pram along the passage only to find a man weeing, he wasnt being very discreet either, so I had to reverse and walk down to Green Lanes. Very annoying when you're in a rush and simply unpleasant.  Is it acceptable do you think for humans to wee in the passage along with the dogs?

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Yan, I could not agree more!!! Thank you.
Yan, I use the passage a lot and I have never seen a drug deal going down.
Thanks for the suggestion of a crime reporting area, Yan. But I think the best way to report crimes will remain direct to the police.
I think reporting something as crime would probably be counter-productive, and would get lost amongst more serious crime. The idea I was proposing relates more to reporting nuisance and areas where more foot patrols would help discourage the bad behaviour. If a few people get nicked then hopefully the word will spread.

If it was happening all the time every day it would be a war zone.

If it isnt that doesnt mean its not worth trying to deal with or at least talk about.

Lately, there is at least one drunk and occasionally abusive person every day walking up and down Green Lanes.. these things kind of flare up in different ways.

Unfortunately, I recognized the woman having seen her soliciting at the bottom of Duckett Road and near to the Salisbury pub at weekends. This was a while ago and I havent seen any of that recently (although I do avoid Green Lanes at 2am on a weekend these days)

Two guys meet in the passage, one of them on a bike, wearing a hood. They approach, exchange something quickly and then move on in opposite directions. Seems obvious enough to me, though its probably just weed.

There are also often violent disputes in the passage between Duckett and Mattison, and I have heard a couple of fights break out as well. Sometimes people gather there to drink. Once I heard a girl screaming for her life just by Mattison Road. There was already a few neighbours helping her by the time I got my shoes on, but I guess she was mugged.

Wee . . . pee . . . poo.  So bloody twee. Why do adults infantilise the language of basic bodily function?

Oh shit, guys. I'm just taking the piss.

OAE, you're certainly not talking crap today! :D
GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN!!!!
Urban Myth :-)
This is not strictly true; there is apparently a very old law that a pregnant woman (or a girl under 6 years old) may relieve herself in public if there are no toilets available.  This has somehow been spun into a crazy suggestion that a pregnant woman would want to urinate into a police officer's helmet (mine has ventilation holes about half way down... messy :-s ) and thus passed into folklore.  I can't imagine there would be many places that you could be where peeing into a copper's hat would be the most preferable option.

And equally untrue :-)

But - London taxi cabs are  legally required to carry a bale of hay for the horse - allegedly

This from My Police:

I was on the way from work and got caught short, so I ran over to the side of the street, walked up a private side street (so I was away from the road and pedestrians) and did my business against a wall hidden away from sight - which I admit wasn't right and certainly wasn't ideal, but as I said I generally got caught short. The reason I was so desperate (I'm not a toddler, I can usually hold it) is that my dissertation was due in the morning - the culmination of 3 years work and a shit-load of money. I had been forced to work that night, and work late, so it was about midnight when I finally managed to convince my boss to let me escape after an evening of begging. I needed to leave work so badly that my fear of getting seen by my other boss forced me to run away without stopping off at the urinal. None of this is that relevant, I apologise, but I just wanted you to know why I took a wee outside. I hadn't been drinking, I was just desperate and in a hurry. So when I heard the siren and saw the blue lights, I didn't twig that I was the cause. Obviously I presumed they would just know how desperate I was, that my dissertation was due in the morning and that I had just run away from work.

Incidentally, there had been a number of muggings in the area so I presumed they were stopping me and my girlfriend (who had met me from work) to ask if I had seen anyone suspicious. But no, all of the fuss was for me. As my actions were described to me as the most vile and disgusting humanly possible by the female officer (I have her badge number on a piece of paper somewhere round here...) I started to feel a little uncomfortable. I apologised and explained that I was desperate, I was away from the pavement, I had had to escape work, obviously terrified she was going to a) give me an overpriced ticket I couldn't afford. b) worse, take me away from getting my dissertation finished. Her colleague, a male officer who had stayed in the car and who I am quite certain was blushing with embarrassment at his colleagues comments, did make one say one salt rubbing in remark, 'if you had just gone a few feet that way we wouldn't have stopped' - so it appears my actions weren't that awful, just my judgement. Do the police have a map of the all the places it's ok to urinated outside broken down into areas just feet apart. Please could I get a copy. Anyway, rant almost over, believe it or not none of that or the £80!!! fine are the reason I am writing. But because I (wrongly & cheekily) asked the police officer if she treated muggers & rapists the same as she was treating me - after she had told me she was treating me (and my disgraceful actions) the same as she treated all criminals - she then decided to call up my prior convictions on her walky, loudly, in front of my girlfriend, who wasn't aware that I had lost my driving license some years ago through youth, stupidity and alcohol. I am not proud of that conviction, I served my sentence and luckily nobody was hurt as a result of my actions. I do not feel however it is acceptable for that police officer, whilst looking for a reason to arrest me to suit her ego and whim, to be the person who divulges that information to my now loved ones. The fine is paid and I am sure that was not the last time that officer has been irrational and mean.

Suggestion

She had already given me an £80 fine, told me I was awful and made me feel tiny - that was enough. Potentially ruining my relationship was unnecessary. Unless that's what she signed up to the police force for.

My Police

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service