Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Should members on social websites such as HOL use their real names, or is it acceptable to hide behind made up names? Do this affect the way people interact online?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But only for a one off.. Site owners can easily see who it is by the IP Number.. Browser & System plus Location (sometimes) and block them if necessary..

You have a blog.. you should know that..
You can 'spam' people on blogs. But yes I get your point regards a one off intruder. Anyway, I guess this thread has run its course. Seems acceptable to hide behind a false identity. For a local site I'm not so sure.
It's OK Matt, I know who that was.
Looking forward to our next pint. ;)
Some might say the same about pictures. Not hiding behind those swirls are ye?
Nothing avail to upload. Is that you enjoying a ski holiday or preparing to rob a local bank?
The former, but I am considering using using it to apprehend the bloke who's dog keeps peeing on my bike!
:)
I am considering using using it to apprehend the bloke who's dog keeps peeing on my bike!

It's not meant personally.. - well it is really, the dog is saying 'you belong to him' ..

It's in a dogs nature to mark pointers on the street - Trees, Lampposts and Bikes - if they are left standing around..

And once one has marked you, the rest will follow, cancelling out the smell of the previous visitor..
If my real name was known on this website I think I would get burdened with alot of requests and questions best directed elsewhere and would just stop logging on. The way things stand I feel I can help Harringay even if only in a small way by sharing certain info. I don't live in Harringay but spend half my time there and quite like it as a place. I like the way this site is run and would emulate it if I were to set up a site in the area I live in (where there is far less overt community spirit and a higher level of deprivation).

sincerely yours
Lucky Lucan
Council worker I guess! Fair point Mr Demster.
It's also been set in stone with internet forums to do what is comfortable.

You set your avatar to what you like and describe yourself as you wish.

Could you imagine the film Smokey and the Bandit done with the Queens English?

"Ten four, Ten four do you copy Rubber Ducky?" - "Good afternoon, how is one this afternoon maam? It just the way things have developed on forums.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service