Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

...about 5.30pm today. Road closed, ambulances and armed police about... Don't know anything more.

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You guys da boss.

So, pleased to confirm a HoL Good Neighbour Award to Veli Aksu and the others who chased and tackled an armed robber.

Here they are on the Good Neighbour Wall of Honour.

And here's the shop:

This sounds very fishy to me. These blokes are never what they seem. The guy who cuts my hair is supposedly a doctor back in Turkey. What's to say these two aren't Turkish SAS or something? Remember "The Eagle has Landed"?
Right John. It's not the imitation firearms I'd worry about so much as the imitation barbers. Shouldn't that salo(o)n have imitation batwing doors. Meanwhile my friend across the road, Chris of London - a real barber, would be out of business after half a century if I didn't still stick my baldy pate round his door once every quarter.
More seriously, I'd not been aware that so many shops on Green Lanes were being held up. The guy they interview in the paper says:

“This sort of thing is a real problem here. Six shops have been hit recently and last year a man was shot in the neck in a grocery store. Everyone is worried. It could be my turn tomorrow.”

Is that right? Have I just had my head in the sand?
There was an older guy shot at one of our local corner stores a few months back. In the neck I think but he was back to work within days! The incident was posted on HOL at the time.
WTF right guys?
Shooting in neck was owner/manager of Rainbow on corner of Fairfax and Green Lanesl. Amazingly, he was not seriously hurt.
Four other men from the salon chased the man's accomplice and overpowered him 50 yards further on.

A barbershop quartet ?
Just got back from holiday to hear about the indident on Umfreville (my road). My neighbour's version of the story is that the gun-wielder was a young Asian man who lives on this road, and that the gang who chased and caught him were Turkish shopkeepers banding together to defend their businesses. Who knows?
i wondered what all this was, i was sitting by my window on Wednesday when i heard someone running but paid it no attention then i heard more running and shouting and looked out of the window to see 3 blokes in the same shop uniform, black shirts and trousers, obviousy giving chase to someone! they were running up Harringay Passage!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service