Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We've all walked past houses local houses where unwanted items have been set on the wall or placed on the pavement, in either case to be taken.

At last week's meeting of the local residents' group it was suggested by one attendee that when shoes are placed outside a house, they are part of a burglars' code. The claim was that they signify that a house has been cased and deemed worthy of and viable for burglary.

The local police representatives who attended the meeting were unable to confirm this suspicion but were open to the possibility.

What do you think?

Views: 36795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A question for those people who have been burgled. Did you notice any shoes outside your property shortly beforehand?

Of course, for the novice burglars...they might be trainers...(I'll get me coat)

I have been doing a bit of research and I found that the most extended versions are that burglars do it to mark their territory. Other version is that in that street you can find drug dealers...last one that it's also an art movement from the US called "shoefiti" (shoe+graffiti)....

This on YouTube from @BillEllson on Twitter.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service