Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We no longer buy the print edition of The Guardian. My wife's cousin came over today with a copy. Somehow the newsprint yersion is more shocking.

‘The stakes could not be higher’: world is on edge of climate abyss, UN warns

Top climate figures respond to Guardian survey of scientists who expect temperatures to soar, saying leaders must act radically

Climate scientists expect global heating to blast past 1.5C target

Story on The Guardian website.

I wonder if other peole are rethinking their political affiliation? And if so how?

Views: 428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Engaging passionately in political argument on a community website while refusing to vote because it’s pointless and makes no difference whatsoever is an interesting position though, eh, James. 

I'm sorry you spent less time reading what I wrote than responding to it, Rory.

I agree JamesN, that the things all of us can do may be tiny gestures. Which of course includes voting in elections. It could also include emailing Members of Parliament.

Am I correct in thinking that you are incensed by the Gaza Genocide? If so why not email Catherine West and David Lammy the two Haringey MPs. Catherine West will be the Labour candidate in Harringay ward (your own?) at the General Election.

I shall be writing to Catherine asking her to do whatever she can to publicly oppose the Genocide.
I imagine Catherine is closely following events in Israel/Palestine.
I will also ask her to read journalist Chris Hedges latest report which offers a powerful summary. It's called: Israel’s Willing Executioners

Link here: https://chrishedges.substack.com/p/israels-willing-executioners-read

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service