Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

"A row erupted today over a decision to invite the disgraced former head of social services at the heart of the Baby P scandal to give advice to MPs on child safety."

Article in the Evening Standard

Labour MP Gloria De Piero said: “It beggars belief. This is an insult to Baby P.” Another Labour MP, Michael Dugher, said: “Wouldn't it make more sense to have people who do a brilliant job in child protection like Barnado's or the NSPCC?”

Tags for Forum Posts: Sharon, Shoesmith

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michellle: yes, and Sharon Shoesmith herself has unwittingly endorsed your theory.

SS asked what is point of just removing herself and senior managers? What indeed, if nothing else changes and the previous culture continues as before?

As for the slogan Better Haringey, I understand that was brought in partly to lift staff morale in the wake of the failures identified over the case of Victoria Climbie. As a member of staff, one would have to be pretty dim to have your morale raised by such an empty slogan.

In the wake of Baby Peter, the council's information department tried a new slogan that you may have seen plastered around on posters: My Haringey replete with smiling faces.

Root and branch reform might help, but I'm not convinced that the new slogan, still a superficial approach, will improve things or raise morale either.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service