Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I don't get it.

From the Haringey planning page it seems they put an application to convert a travel agents into a coffee shop and install a new extractor flue in the private yard at the back. The application is refused. So what do they do? Convert the travel agent AND the rear yard into a restaurant complete with seats, tables and (natch) smoking in the rear yard.

Anyone know what is going on here?...

Views: 919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may want to register your complaints into Sandero's face book page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=277497664663
You should register your complaints with haringeys noise enforcement

Contact telephone numbers to report a noise
Office Hours

Monday - Friday: 8.45am - 5pm, Tel: 020 8489 1000
Outside Office Hours
Weekdays, Monday - Friday: 5pm - 8.45am, Tel: 020 8348 3148.
Weekends, Friday 5pm to Monday 8.45am, Tel: 020 8348 3148.

or online at :
https://eforms.secure.haringey.gov.uk/ufs/ufsmain?esessionid=18866E...

I've just complained and unless we all do everytime they will just continue to get away with it. Now that they have removed the back wall of the building the noise is in no way contained I could hear it the length of Glenwood Road. It's outrageous!!

Anyone heard anything from the council about this?

And has anyone noticed the particularly bad patch of ice which suspiciously is just outside their "garden" area on the pavement area? It looks as if they have poured water on the pavement and this has then frozen solid. It is even more dangerous than the rest of Glenwood Road which is still in a very bad condition...

I last spoke to Lorcan at enforcement about 2 months ago. He assured me that this issue was " at the top of his in-tray" and I would be emailed with info about the councils plans to deal with the planning breach very soon. Well needless to say I have heard nothing. Has anybody else ?

Both Hugh and Austin seemed happy that all will be sorted out, I wish i was. 

My real concern is for summer, when it will be warm enough for the "outdoor" area to be used. There will most likely be a lot of noise  and smoke then. This issue has been rumbling on this forum since early June, can we expect any action from enforcement before next June I wonder ?

Lorcan's intray must be high as Everest.  He told me last June that the illegal advert for Paul Simon on the side of 2 Hermitage Road would be dealt with.

In relation to the mess around Sandero, my partner has been told that they have failed to pay three fixed penalty notices and a prosecution is in progress.

Noticed they're distributing takeaway menus (or "Take Way" as it was spelt) at the moment - got one through the door the other day, brazen is a word that springs to mind.

Did anyone hear the ridiculous noise coming from sandero last night.  The music was playing until 1.30am, it sounded like a rave and then there was a huge fight amongst the party that had been in the restaurant.  There was about 30 revellers fighting in Glenwood road, it went on for about 40 minutes before the police came!  It was crazy, people were being thrown on cars, women and children were screaming, the men were fighting, never seen anything like it.  The noise didn’t stop till well after 2, I can’t believe this is being allowed to carry on.

Please please please complain to haringay noise enforcement

You should register your complaints with haringeys noise enforcement

Contact telephone numbers to report a noise
Office Hours

Monday - Friday: 8.45am - 5pm, Tel: 020 8489 1000
Outside Office Hours
Weekdays, Monday - Friday: 5pm - 8.45am, Tel: 020 8348 3148.
Weekends, Friday 5pm to Monday 8.45am, Tel: 020 8348 3148.

or online at :
https://eforms.secure.haringey.gov.uk/ufs/ufsmain?esessionid=18866E...

OMG I couldn't believe it too, it was right outside our house for a time and then they moved further down the street.

Thank you John for the details of who to complain to. I have just completed the form and requested they call me.

We all need to complain unless we want a very noisy summer ahead.This place has to be stopped. 

I am gobsmacked that they've let it get as bad as it has. What on earth are the point of planning and licensing laws if they're not policed? Can the local counsellor get involved (think it is Nilgun Canver)?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service