Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I don't get it.

From the Haringey planning page it seems they put an application to convert a travel agents into a coffee shop and install a new extractor flue in the private yard at the back. The application is refused. So what do they do? Convert the travel agent AND the rear yard into a restaurant complete with seats, tables and (natch) smoking in the rear yard.

Anyone know what is going on here?...

Views: 919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I phoned Lorcan today, only able to speak to a junior who promised he would phone me back....I guess we shall see. I will update with any info I get.
The current building work is pretty extensive. Walls knocked down, RSJ's installed, and a mighty extraction flue, would this need planning permission?
Certainly not noticed any applications.
I dont know if you are being paranoid Austin, but I know we need to keep up the pressure, if everyone in this thread called Lorcan he might get the message that we havent gone away.
Agreed.
I've dropped an email to your councillors to make them aware of your concerns. I hope that they will be in touch with you and offer their support.
Thanks Hugh.
Austin, following a call from Cllr David Brown on this issue, I have just sent you a private message by HoLMail.
Hugh, there can of course be no objection to you sending private messages, but if it concerns Sandero, can we please ask if there is any update?
Just acting as a connector Paulie. I won't be in the loop. All I've done is to alert a councillor and pass on his tel. no. - hence the private message since I didn't want to do that publicly. Austin will be in a position to update you on any conversation he has with the councillor which I'm sure he'll do.
I will indeed update people on Monday when I speak to Cllr Brown. Anyone is free to call him of course but I guess it's best not to bombard him. Update to follow.
OK, Cllr Brown is making sure planning do their job and keep us informed. I guess we should get some substantive information from them soon.
Well Lorcan still hasnt got back to me....perhaps no surprise there.
I have just taken a look at the place since it reopened after the building works.
They seem to have spent a lot of money, and seeing that there are tables for at least 50 people in the disputed covered area, I would guess that they have every intention of doing just what they feel like, it doesnt look like planning and enforcement have cowed them a bit. But then again, we dont even know if enforcement have threatened to , or taken any action over the planning breach.
I'm losing faith in the authorities here.
I bumped in to David Browne yesterday. He's definitely on the case and it sounds like he'll have some useful news very soon.
ok ..deep breath..I'll try to curb my cynicism.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service