Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I don't get it.

From the Haringey planning page it seems they put an application to convert a travel agents into a coffee shop and install a new extractor flue in the private yard at the back. The application is refused. So what do they do? Convert the travel agent AND the rear yard into a restaurant complete with seats, tables and (natch) smoking in the rear yard.

Anyone know what is going on here?...

Views: 921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done Austin. Useful posting.
When we in Crouch End had to deal with an application for a lap dancing club the licence was dealt with under the same law that this Sandero application is. At the end of the process we set up a website to record what we had learned http://lapoff.ning.com much of this is now defunct apropos lap dancing because there are new laws.
But what still seems to be good advice is to get half a dozen of you to a meeting - talk the licensing officer and make her your friend, ask for an extension tothe 23rd deadline - your councillor can probaby achieve that, and make sure you understand what they mean when they talk of promoting the four objectives.
Reply to Austin who thinks you can't check for appeals on the Haringey website - Appeals do show up on the website - you have to use the drop down under "current decision" where there are three states for appeals which all seem to give the same results.

Have you tried http://www.planningalerts.com/ ??
Looking at the HoL Planning page I can see someone has - that map thing is bloody clever.
Hi Omotn. Thanks for the link. Looks like a very useful site. I can't see the dropdown box you mean for appeals though. I may just be missing something obvious. I'm looking at this:
http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...
Should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks
Beware of the Planning Alerts site. We stopped using it because of its unreliability. Still, it should be no problem; we take the pain out of searching every week and upload Haringey's weekly list noting all Harringay applications.

As I've said before, if you object the Council will keep you informed of any appeals.
Austin - your link is to an answer the drop down is on http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica... which is the query page. Appeals appear in the in teh second row down on the right/

Hugh - I have just signed up for planningalert again - you are right they were unreliable - they ask for programmers to do "screen scraping" an approach I gave up shortly after IBM invented its PC. Surely there must be an interface to the underlying planning database which would make the service reliable?? Equally, a visual search through a weekly list is a technique the Verbale Bede could have used.
One advantage I should have had over a medieval monk, is a spell checker - Venerable.
I don't think that drop down is an active part of the database. As you say, you can search for any particular address/reference and select, not only any of the three appeal options on the drop down menu, but any of the options in that box and it has no effect on the results you get. This doesn't seem to provide any way to distinguish between records which are flagged as "refused" which do and which do not have an appeal ongoing. Am I being really stupid here? It has been known.

As Hugh says, if you have lodged an objection you'll get notice of any appeals but it would still be nice to have a way of tracking the full progress of a planning decision online without taking an active part in that process (you may be looking to move into an area for example).
Thanks Hugh - Just hope people read it before Monday.
Have you connected with Woodland Park Residents Assoc? Geoff Amabalino from WPRA in on the site here.
Ah! I didn't know about WPRA. Thanks.
You'll find a link to them on this page.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service