Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I don't get it.

From the Haringey planning page it seems they put an application to convert a travel agents into a coffee shop and install a new extractor flue in the private yard at the back. The application is refused. So what do they do? Convert the travel agent AND the rear yard into a restaurant complete with seats, tables and (natch) smoking in the rear yard.

Anyone know what is going on here?...

Views: 919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All pretty shoddy. I hope they start working with the local community. From what I've read, it seems like local residents welcome the restaurant but want a little more consideration and a coming into line with planning law. Sounds reasonable to me.

I think that's spot on, yes.

There's a bigger point here too. Throughout the last year or so, there has existed a huge gulf between what the local residents want, what the council stipulates and what the restaurant does. We (the residents) have had very little or no influence with the council and none with the restaurant. The council, thus far, have had surprisingly little influence on the restaurant; it has been running for a year in breech of planning and licence conditions and ran for several months without any planning or licencing consent at all. All the while, the restaurant sits empty most of the time and (I guess) only stays afloat because of the organized late night gigs and parties which only make locals more unhappy. This is the worst situation for everyone involved.

A whinge about the council would be a pointless drop in the ocean. But I do hope someone somewhere learns from all this.

I just happened to see that there has been a new planning application for 434 St Ann's on the Council's website for over a month. I don't know about others but I have had assurances from planning that they would let me know of any new applications on this site. Was anyone notified? Did anyone know about the new application? 

The plans look quite nice but my main worry with the last application was the noisy outside are which is on the new plans too. It looks like there is a large sliding door from the inside seating area right out into the outdoor area too so it might be even worse...

I have started a new thread on this topic here. Please post any replies there.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service