Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Sainsbury's Installs new CCTV camera to protect bikes following HoL social media campaign

Following a sustained period of theft of and from bikes at Harringay Sainsbury's, we used social media to grab the store's attention. They have now written to tell me that they have installed a new CCTV camera:

Hi Hugh

An update on the bicycle area

The extra camera has been installed, it was completed yesterday. It covers every area of the bicycle park, and with the other cameras main viewing of the cycle area also that means that all of that part of the car park is now fully monitored.

Anything you would like to discuss or any issues please let me know.

Kind regards

Darren.

Tags for Forum Posts: sainsbury's, sainsbury's bike theft

Views: 525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hugh, your title bears an uncanny resemblance to a FOCUS headline. A virtual election in the offing, perhaps ?

OAE, you're spot on. I'm ashamed. What can I say. It's a fair cop, guv.

Well done Hugh, the power of social media eh! It will be interesting to see what effect this has, both on cyclists' faith in the existing location of the racks and on bike thieves. But thank you for getting stuck into something and making Sainsburies take it seriously at last.

Not at all like Focus - no photo of you looking sad next to a beaten up old bike ...

Fantastic work Hugh & co.  What a great result. Hopefully this will make a real difference.

PS.  Great to see that people are at least noticing our Focus (even if we aren't always as photogenic as we would like!)

Karen, you know my life would be all out of focus without your fortnightly rubbish shambles headlines.

Are we discussing that Grumpy Councillors website here? I'm confused.

No, sorry to go off thread - I was just trying to be humourous! OK, I'll stick to the day job!!!!

No, don't. You're doing fine. Do venture off piste sometimes.

I would characterise this, as your holding up a big lens to FOCUS rays of sunlight onto the Sainsbury derrière.

I hope this leads to prosecutions.

Don't get your hopes up too high. The security man has a lot of cameras to watch and he certainly didn't check the cycle cam while I stood there. Even if they are recorded I doubt if a thief could be identified after the event. If I wanted to steal a bike I would get an accomplice to stand near the CCTV station and use a mobile phone to warn me if the desk switched to the cycle cam.

One obvious thing however - why don't they have a high visibility sign at the bike park to warn that the area is under CCTV surveillance ?

Yes, in my throes of unadulterated joy, I forgot about this. I've dropped Darren a note to ask him if it's still planned. Beyond this, I think they'll have done their bit, won't they. The rest is down to 'society'.

Don't mean to minimise your efforts Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service