Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Edited image showing the Sainsbury's site - from an original by Veggie Reggie taken at the recent Hornsey Church Tower Open Day

The following statement from the Council this month points towards a Summer/ Autumn 2015 opening for the new Sainsbury's store in Hornsey.

Completion of all the legal documentation is imminent with public and stakeholder consultations scheduled for June 2012.

The preferred developer is London Square and the scheme proposals do include a Sainsbury's supermarket, which is a requirement of Sainsbury's as a joint landowner.

Handover of the shell and core store for fit out is currently scheduled for spring/summer 2015.

Tags for Forum Posts: sainsbury's

Views: 1526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They're also in the process of opening a store on West Green Road: HGY/2012/0509

Thanks, I didn't realise they had one planned for our neighbours in West Green also. Looks like it's likely to be a Sainsbury's Local, whereas the one in Hornsey will be a full size Sainsbury's. The march of the supermarkets, eh.

When I read your post IJP, I thought it might be planned for the site of the former petrol station, but it seems like it's to be right opposite that between Terront and Etherley Roads. Do I remember seeing plans for housing on that site?

Yes last I heard a housing assoc was going to build a block of flats there, but there were objections to height in relation to adjacent buildings, by all accounts this was partly due to the council stipulating that the ground floor was given over to retail - this area doesn't need more vacant shops (unless new high quality shops stimulate demand)!

Some locals wanted this space made into a pedestrian square, but given the proximity of the park and the reconfiguration of the roads currently underway to create one in front of the park I don’t think this is going to happen.

It’s gone really quiet for some time, so maybe the spending cuts has put it on the back burner?  

Sainsbury's Green Lanes is bad at certain times to get in and out of , How would you get in and out of here ? 

...and, according the the hordings I cycle past every day,  there is a new one being built in Stroud Green Road adjacent the John Jones store... not to mention the ones planned for Stokey!

Not clear why it's been slated.  Because of the choice of site, or because of the delay?

"slated" used in its 'to plan or schedule' meaning. Perhaps I should have chosen a less ambiguous term.

Or perhaps I should have used a different part of my brain!  One of my American students told me last year that she had been 'slated' for a performance.  She couldn't understand why I sympathised ... 

I think this is bonkers. The traffic around there is terrible already and I can't imagine what it will be like when it opens. Too many supermarkets!! Does anyone know what will happen to the recycling centre? Will it have to move?

I think the recycling centre is going to be a car park for Sainsburys. There is a housing development and yes that means more parking pressures.  I don't think we need another supermarket, there are so many already.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service