Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tonight's Labour Party shortlisting results, as far as is known.

(See update#3 for previous votes.)

Bounds Green

Ali Demirci and Joanna Christophides triggered. Clare Bull not standing.

Harringay

Gina Adamou and Zena Brabazon re-selected. Emine Ibrahim is the third Harringay councillor and has been selected for Noel Park ward for 2018.

Peter Chalk, Sarah James and Maria Jennings, shortlisted candidates, all are anti HDV.

Hornsey

Adam Jogee re-selected. Jennifer Mann triggered. Elin Weston re-selected after reballot due to tie.

St Ann’s

Noah Tucker re-selected.  Barbara Blake triggered. Ali Gul Ozbek stood down.

Julie Davies, Tom Peters and Mike Hakata shortlisted

Stroud Green

Kirsten Hearn re-selected. Raj Sahota and Tim Gallagher have stood down.

Shani. Eldridge and Frank Daniels shortlisted.

So all these wards will have selection meetings next week, and the remaining five will be shortlisting.

Here's tonight's map.

Tags for Forum Posts: 2017, Labour, selections

Views: 2524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That may be the case, but do you really think they would just write off the not inconsiderable cost of producing a tender if they knew it to be a sham?

Was there any wining & dining not recorded publicly? Might not be classy, but I'm pretty sure that if properly recorded & agreed, not illegal.

£50 was the limit for recording so I presume so less. My lunch allowance in the city is £4....

And yes of course companies do one another favours like this!

certain aspects of the contract are commercially sensitive and were not released publicly but the scrutiny meetings were not only in the public domain they remain on the council website, where you can see Alan Strickland answer every question about the number of council housing to be built on the sites by speaking about affordable housing. 

There was a right of return if you could afford to, the people living now on those estates would not have been able to , so its no different to their right to flap their arms and fly

Ask yourselves why the councils own Equalities impact assessment into the housing plan found that 'Black people would benefit less' than White people ?

Oh come now, you can almost always get two groups and say that one benefits more than another.

Oh come now the Aryans fared better than the Jews , do you say what of it ?
Lebensraum was the Nazi policy whereby Poles and Slavs were forced off their land to make way for pure German stock but lets dismiss the horror with a 'oh come now'

Only once you've dismissed people as being in some way less human can you dismiss them with a 'come now, theres always someone who suffers more' But your argument up to now has been that the HDV was better for all or are you agreeing with me that this a social and racial cleansing policy  ? 

just like Strickland and Kober you refuse to answer the question over and over when its such a simple question Billy, How many council houses will be built on the council estate sites once the HDV is completed its work ?

Do we have to ask the question a thousand different ways while like Strickland and Kober you duck and dive to answer one that has not been asked ?

For four years those who said this will be better for those in the present accommodation and those on the waiting lists have refused every opportunity , as you are now, to boast about the increase in council housing, our campaign would switch immediately to being pro the HDV if they just provided supportable figures that showed an increase in council housing but they just kept missing these opportunities, like yourself, strange that.

if lendlease ever get going on this, the replacement homes will be either for-sale, or 'affordable'.  They wont even be at Sadiq's latest definition of 'affordable' ie a variable percentage of average local wages.  20% discount off market rent is not social housing.

I have not lied to anybody so by definition you have just lied about me

You have just declared you are pig ignorant of what this confrontation is all about after spending pages arguing on behalf of the council. Says it all really.
I was leafleting outside a selection meeting in very cold and posh Hornsey where a very plummy voice shouted at me 'get out of our Party' which also said it all 

another evening campaigning and another 100% result for the anti HDV campaigners as all the pro HDV poverty developers were de selected 
another group of cretinous labour party members were convinced by Trotskyite Stalinist baby eaters and their pathetic use of facts etc 

Am I right in thinking that after suggesting that "I don't frankly trust a word either side are saying..." and your admission above that you have no idea about the number of social homes being built, that you have formed an opinion on the virtues of the HDV?

This would appear to be more perverse than odd. A subject on which you profess no or very limited knowledge, is one you expend considerable time and effort debating?

Were you not to trust either side, the logical approach would be to err on the side of caution. That is, the status quo.

It seems incongruous that you aggressively support the Council's position. Particularly given your (self-professed) lack of knowledge of the issues at hand. 

It's beyond parody that you compare your lack of knowledge of the HDV to the council's "poor comms".

You have no real knowledge of the HDV, not only because you are a keyboard dilettante, but because the key facts of the HDV contract have been redacted.

You present a false dichotomy that the HDV, as presented by Lendlease and the Council, is the only solution to the housing 'crisis'.

Acceptance of it is good; rejection, bad.

This view is commercially, politically, and logically flawed.  It is with great relief that I recognise that you are nowhere near the decision making process of the Haringey Council. The voting public of Haringey have, at least, got that decision right.

well said OleMiss, at tonights pre selection meetings all the pro HDVers still standing, including cabinet member Jason Arthur were triggered 
We have now moved to the more well healed areas of the borough but the results appear to be identical to those in Tottenham. Alan Strickland has declared that he intends to go ahead with the HDV before the May elections despite the fact that the next council be it a Labour or Liberal one must be anti the HDV. This is his respect for the democratic process

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service