Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

People must have perfect neighbours.  I find my bin full of other people's rubbish almost every week and also rooted through. That's when they're not sticking tins in my front hedge or leaving chips on the sidewalk.

One or two week collections would be fine (if it was actually one or two, on my street they seem to forget) in the winter, but when it's hot, one week is long enough to grow a fine collection of mold and larvae on anything that's wet.  Not necessarily food.

And  I must say I find casting aspersions on neighbours' life styles not a friendly way of dealing with a problem. If someone says their bins are not large enough or they don't have enough room, I would simply believe them rather than suggesting they drink or throw parties. I feel that kind of comment does not add anything to the conversation.

Laura

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is just a wild guess. But by any chance, are other people leaving their surplus "general" waste in your recycling bins? So these bins are "contaminated" and not collected in the weekly pick-up?

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service