Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We read that Haringey is Broke

Funny How they are Still spending a Fortune Building Road Pillows

And continuing with Junction Pillows

These can Only really benefit those that Build them

But be costing many thousands Each one

Great if there was No restrictions on Funds

But when Funds are really tight - They are a extreme

missue of Council Payers Funds

Especially as the Road surfaces are falling apart

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the way this is written like a poem.
I would like some road pillows please.  Where do I get them?
What are road pillows, and why does nearly every word in this post start with a capital letter?
Poetic souls like Bob use road pillows for sleeping policemen. So much more soothing than the Swedish Farthinder, don't you think?  And I guess 'missue' is rugglespeak for an issue of importance to young women only - or a fond farewell (Miss you!) to his misused Council Tax. I still prefer the Ruggle Sonnet Bob gives us occasionally.

Can't let this one go by..

Swedes..? hhm.. no, it's a Proto-Germanic 'invention' and comes from the Old High German word Faran  of which the English 'Fare & Farewell' are descended..

We've had this discussion before and I suspect that English 'Fart' is also descended as it also has something to do with 'movement'.. 

I know it's proto-Germanic, Steve, and even Indo-European before that. It must be one of the most productive word roots across a score of languages, but the combination that's tickled me I first came across on dozens of suburban roads outside Stockholm. I'm sure Anette would recognise it as a Nordic usage.
In Scandinavian languages "fart" means speed."hinder" means hindrance / to stop something, so a speed-stopper, or a speed preventer.
em...Yes.
you did ask. Dad. ;D
Well good old Gideon did throw out a £100 million subsidy to the road sealing industry in the budget this week.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service