Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have question.

I live on Mattison road and a refuse collection vehicle keeps coming up my road, faster than 5 mph as stated at the beginning of the road.

The road is for access only for HGV at 7.5 tonnes.

This vehicle does not stop to collect anything, it just goes up to Wightman Road and continues.

And it causes my house to shake.

I need to know where I can complain about this vehicle, why are they using Mattison road and why dont drive more carefully.

If anyone can help who I can call, thanks.

Bulent

Tags for Forum Posts: veolia

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be very excited at the prospect of an action group! I live in Woodside Ward and our house is bonejarringly rattled by HGV s speeding over the pedestrian crossover outside our 1902 terrace home.  Unlike Mattison Road, we only have a 20mph sign at the top of the road. This occurs usually between 7 and 8 in the morning and rattles the sash windows in the back bedroom!  I have written a string of emails about this with George Meehan asking for something to be done.  He has agreed speed is the problem but has not done anything about it.  You have encouraged me to have another go, but it would be great if we could tackle the council in numbers!

Good idea!  We need to from an action group. We need to make all residents aware of the problem and make sure the council listens more. But moreover, we need assitance from the law to help us protect our homes. As you might have read from the report i published, houses around the ladder area have low foundations and the soil is clay based. So, we cannot even reinforce the house like underpinning, or stengthing the foundation. And any damaged caused by HGV or shaking must be sued! And the council because them caused the problem in the first place, and it took they sometime to implement restrictions on my road. As stated from before I had ARGOS, SAINSBURYS and other supermarket HGV using the road. So, the damage has been done and will continue. I mean what are we watiting for? Until a house collapses and kills someone? Sorry for the rant! Yes we need to get more organised, I am in!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service