Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone know what's going on with recycling collections of late... 

Are they weekly or fortnightly... I'm on Falkland Rd and last week mine was taken on at around 6:30pm on a Tuesday and this week there seems to have been none at all!

Tags for Forum Posts: new recycling bins, rubbish, veolia

Views: 1195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My recycling and refuse has not been collected since October 15th (the Monday since the collection date changes). I have phoned Veolia on several occassions only to hear a recorded message about the changes. Puzzingly, I was given a large recycling bin, even though I live on a housing estate. Because of the missed collections, I had to resort to taking my recycling and refuse to a communal bin nearby to ensure it was 'taken away'. This situation is getting ridiculous and something needs to be done about the council's inability to tackle this very basic issue.

This seems completely inexplicable, Neville. What on earth do Veolia say when you phone them? Are your complaints booked for a solution? Has anyone suggested you talk to their "Village" manager?

Have you spoken to Homes for Haringey?

Is the same thing happening with your immediate neighbours who aren't served by the communal bins on your estate?

As one of your ward councillors you're welcome to email me directly. ( Contact details on the Council's website here.) If you prefer, you can email your number and suggest a time when I can phone you.)

Alan

To add to this discussion, i live in Muswell Hill, since the change (which is separate collections for dry recycling, compostable recycling and general waste) the bin collections have been erratic. If they haven't collected by 4.45pm, I report the whole street as missed. This has happened in the last 2 weeks. It can lapse to the next day. Even after reporting and getting the street done, my recycling wasn't collected, they missed it. When I rang to report it, they wouldn't give me a reference number, but assured me it ll get collected, which they did sometime during the next day.

One thing I've noticed is that they race down the road with a moving vehicle and expect a man on each side to go ahead and empty the bins at a certain speed. Hence bins that are part full are missed and bags on porches are missed too. It's a ridiculous and haphazard. This is why ive noticed, on the neighbouring street, on collection day, the bins are partly collected. Why are they not being monitored on how they re doing collections, it seems that they are cutting corners to say they ve done the job, aren't 3 collections too much to carry out if they re trying to save money?

There's a similar discussion with the same problems you describe here:

http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/bingate-bins-not-put-ba...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service