Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was hoping someone might have some recommendations or ideas for me...my parents are visiting and they arrive on Monday morning and don't want to sit in my flat all day waiting on me getting home from work - although I suspect my dad would be quite happy to do just that!

Does anyone know of anything interesting and probably indoors to do on a Monday afternoon locally? I'm based at seven sisters but they are relatively comfortably on public transport around the local area.

I looked at Bruce Castle Museum and the William Morris Gallery but neither open until Wednesdays.

Views: 269

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I was going to suggest Sutton House which isn't far away on the 254 but that's closed too on Mondays and Tuesdays. Kenwood house? Ali Pali? Or If they are comfortable on the tube they could go to the Welcome Museum in Kings cross?

Olympic Park...hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the suggestions which are all great but they've done most of the museums in town and have a whole itinerary for outings to the specific exhibitions they want to see while here so it was something local we are trying to find to kill a few hours and there isn't a great many options!

I suspect a walk along the river lea and lunch in the Ferry Boat Inn will be the likely outcome but I was hoping there might be something local someone might know of...

An amble down Green Lanes?
Not really. I'm in 7 sisters. Walk up Hermitage or St Annes road or bus up 7 sisters rd to Manor House then walk or a couple of bus stops.

It sounds a bit counter-intuitive but have you thought about the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green? My mum loved it! Probably busable from where you are? http://www.museumofchildhood.org.uk/

And the lovely Geffrye Museum is close by too.

Thanks all, my mum really wanted to go to the Olympics (to watch not compete ) so thanks to Billy's suggestion they are going to head off there and if it is very bad weather it looks like a bit of 10 pin bowling in Westfield as a plan b and then plan c is the childhood museum.

I looked up the Geffrye Museum but they don't open on a monday either...obviously not a popular day to do anything.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service