Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just recently I've been unable to access any pictures on HoL. When I click on any sort of picture link, I get this error message:-

This site can’t be reached

storage.ning.com took too long to respond.

Is this a problem for other people too?

Views: 1568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In light of Maddy’s comment just now, is everyone who is suffering the image problem using Virgin Media? They do apparently mistakenly block images. The pictures on this site are hosted on a different domain to the site itself.

I’m also wondering if it could be related to people’s browser security settings. What happens if you lower your settings?

Same problem. We have Sky internet, and EE and it's the same on both. It's only HOL its happening with. Can't view any pictures.

Thanks, Milly. That seems to rule out any role for ISPs in the problem. 

Seems to be working fine now. No problem opening photos.

It’s bizarre!

Yes and clearing the cache - no difference. Oh and I tried to reply to your message and can't seem to send it...
Hi, just to say that I am still unable to view photographs...I'm anxious to see the pictures of the Parkhurst Cinema, etc...!

I’m really sorry, Jeremy. Since reporting this issue to Ning, I’ve bizarrely generated a fix to a couple of issues that have been outstanding for months, in one case, and years in another. But nothing on this one yet. I’ll chase them again. 

Their reply to me this morning:

Please, accept our sincere apologies for this temporary inconvenience.

We've forwarded the issue to our engineering team again.

They are working on it and doing their best to fix the issue in the nearest time.

I'm sorry to keep you waiting till the bug is fixed.

We will follow up with you on this ticket once the issue has been resolved by our engineers.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
The Ning Team

I am using an iPhone. I could not access The Wellington Pub photos. I have never had this problem before and I have been a member for many years. I also turned off wifi and was able to access both photos. When wifi was on I was getting that buffering icon suggesting access was labouring.

I'm not particularly IT savvy and not confident using the 'console screen' suggestion as I worry if I change any settings I won't be able to get things back to where they were before, hence causing me another problem.

Sorry, Hugh if I have not been helpful.

No problem. But for the record, and so as not to put off anyone else from having a go at helping, using the developer tools/console screen doesn't change any settings anywhere. It's no more than opening a new tab on your browser which can be closed as easily as any other tab.

I've been brave and tried to follow the instructions but I get stuck.

I'm using Safari. I get as far as:

Preferences < Advanced < Show develop menu in menu bar br /> and then I'm told to Click on Develop but there's no option for me to do that...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service