Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I AM sad to report the death of our friend Ralph Crisp on 24 October. Ralph has contributed to Harringay On Line, but he will be better known in the Borough as the chairman of the Haringey Association of Neighbourhood Watches. The association said,

"Ralph was an exceptional leader of Neighbourhood Watch and instrumental in forming the Haringey Borough Association of Neighbourhood Watches in 2003. His energy, enthusiasm and wit will be sadly missed.

I have enclosed the agenda for the next Haringey Association of Neighbourhood Watches meeting that takes place at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th November at the Wood Green Civic Centre. This meeting will be dedicated to Ralph. All are welcome. I do hope you will be able to join us.
Haringey Association of Neighbourhood Watches quarterly meeting
Tuesday 9th November 2010 (dedicated to RALPH CRISP)"

Ralph also stood for election as an independent candidate in Highgate. I knew Ralph slightly and would often see him at Area Assembly meetings, where he would ask questions of the council, holding our representatives to account in a polite but firm way. I will remember Ralph as a community champion and as a friendly fellow who encouraged others.

Tags for Forum Posts: Crisp, Ralph

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is indeed sad to hear, Clive. From my acquaintance with Ralph over six months or so in 2008 I found him a gentleman and a great encourager. While it might be said that Ralph took on too much, especially in that by-election of early '08, there could never be any doubt about his commitment and stamina in the cause of HANW.

Eddie
FOR those who remember Ralph: the funeral of Ralph Crisp will take place on Wednesday 10th November at 1.30pm at St. Joseph's RC Church Highgate, Highgate Hill (c.400m up from Whittington Hospital, opp Hornsey Lane).
Thanks Clive. I'll attend. I'd no idea that Ralph had a St Joseph's connection.
I am shocked - RIP, Ralph. He can't have been very old?What killed him?
Justin: Ralph had suffered from Pancreatitis and died aged 63. I've attached the obituary from today's Ham&High.
Attachments:
Thank you, Clive. So young! I'll try to attend.
I've just got back from Ralph's funeral mass at St Joseph's and burial in Highgate on what should have been his 64th birthday. We laid him just a little farther on from Karl Marx's grave.

A fine turnout on a beautifully bright and (pardon me) crisp afternoon, the attendance representative of all the many groups Ralph had either initiated or was involved with over twenty years or so. Mario reckoned numbers at 500 or more. The various appreciations and eulogy gave those of us who knew him in one incarnation or other a very engaging picture of the whole man, with all of his community and church concerns and projects, as well as some inkling into why his minutes or agendas for our particular little Ralphian world may not always have chimed with our own more demanding standards :).

Ralph may not have been a Marxist, but I'm sure he'd say Amen to Karl's inscription: "THE PHILOSOPHERS HAVE ONLY INTERPRETED THE WORLD IN VARIOUS WAYS. THE POINT HOWEVER IS TO CHANGE IT."

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service